Why Choose Kemmy Law Firm
When you are injured in any oil and gas industry accident, there are a variety of law firms to choose from. However, the Kemmy Law Firm’s oilfield injury lawyers provide:
- A family-focused practice. We are a family-owned and -operated law firm. Every day, we choose to work side by side with our loved ones. This is a constant reminder that everyone is someone’s family, and everyone is deserving of compassion and respect.
- Five decades of experience. Our family of trial lawyers offers over 50 years of experience between us handling catastrophic injuries, and fatalities.
- Necessary legal resources. Over the past five decades, we have gone up against big businesses, major oil and gas companies, and nationwide insurers. The reason we are often is successful is because we have the knowledge, experience, and resources you need, including connections with medical, vocational, economic, accident reconstruction, and industry experts.
- Litigation skills. One of the ways we set ourselves apart from other personal injury and wrongful death law firms in Hobbs, NM, is our willingness to go to trial to secure the recovery you deserve.
- The full value of your damages. Though we can and will take your case to court when necessary, we recognize that most injury claims settle. Because we have a winning record at trial, and because we pursue your claim aggressively, we secure settlements for the full value of your damages.
- Limited caseloads. When we say we value quality over quantity, we mean it. We intentionally limit our caseload to ensure your case receives plenty of time and attention.
New Mexico Oilfield Accidents
As of October 2019, U.S. oil production was at an all-time high. Production peaked at 12.6 million barrels per day that month and expected to grow. A majority of that oil was produced in the Permian Basin, which is located in New Mexico and Texas. New Mexico itself was producing close to one million barrels per day.
Hobbs is in the center of the action. Lea County became the second leading county for oil production in the country in 2019.
While the oil boom is helpful to local and state residents, it has drawbacks. Oil and gas production can be dangerous work, particularly when workers are not given adequate training, personal protection equipment, and supervision. Work-related accidents happen all too frequently, leaving workers injured and some families without their parents and spouses. Truck and transportation accidents also are rising drastically and impacting other personal motorists and workers on New Mexico roads.
In 2018, oil and gas extraction in New Mexico had a nonfatal injury and illness rate of 2.4 per 100 full-time equivalent workers, according to the BLS. Also, New Mexico’s Indicator-Based Information System (NM-IBIS), reported the oil and gas industry’s fatality rate in 2016 was 31.9 per 100 full-time equivalent workers.
New Mexico Oilfield Accidents We Handle
At Kemmy Law Firm, our family of trial attorneys have decades of trial experience and we handle all types of oilfield accidents and injuries. Our background gives us the necessary skills to meticulously investigate oilfield accidents, identify the at-fault and liable parties, and fight for injured workers to recover compensation.
Do not hesitate to call us after:
- Oil truck accidents
- Oil and gas transportation accidents
- Oilfield Equipment and machinery accidents
- Equipment failure
- Natural gas explosions
- Oil refinery and plant explosions
- Well blowouts
- Chemical and hazardous material exposure, such as H2S
- Hydrogen sulfide poisoning
- Fracking accidents
- Slips, trips, and falls
- Falls from heights
- Struck by objects accidents
- Confined space collapse and other accidents
Oilfield accidents happen for a number of reasons. A careless coworker could have neglected to inspect a piece of equipment or your employer may have failed to provide adequate safety gear or training.
Contact us for help with your oilfield accident case.Free: Contact An Attorney